Monday 21 September 2015

Get a Colonial Look by Simply Adding Graceful Ottomans to your Living Space

Who said every single piece of decoration and furniture in your room has to perfectly match the colour scheme or the theme? The way I see it, there’s always room for some craziness, even in the arrangement and look of your home. Mom always decorated our house in an old-fashioned way with greys, ivories and brown colours, only to find them all messed up by me. There would be scoldings, of course. But I could never bear the thought of having no colours in our house when the world is full of beautiful shades. This kept happening until one day, dad stepped in and made us come to an agreement. I could decorate my room the way I want and in return, I should let my mom arrange the furnishings the way she wants. I have to agree, it was a pretty good deal. Next thing you know, I was busy adding decorative items to my cart online. There were wall decal stickers, colourful cushion covers with beautiful patterns, dream catchers, matching curtains and yes, ottomans too.






They were so stylish and pretty that I thought, why not have something from another time thrown in together with the modern decorations! I think I will say more about buying footstools and ottomans online as they are rarely talked about.



The first footstools or ottoman I ever saw was at my grandma’s place. I wouldn’t have had an iota of knowledge about the interiors if she wasn’t around. She loved living a luxurious life and wouldn’t compromise comfort for fashion. So her taste was rich but functional too. She would change the furnishings of the entire house every summer and winter, and footstools were her weapons for adding creativity and life to the space.



Various Types and Designs of Ottoman Available



  • Standard - The first design you can spot in any online website is a standard footstool which features a cushioned surface over a sturdy base, mostly in a traditional rectangular shape.
  • Pouf - The pouf style ottomans have a spherical shape and a puffed structure. They would have a solid skeleton but a soft surface.
  • Cocktail - This type of ottomans can be used as small coffee tables. It would have a table-like top that you can use to place food and drinks too.  
  • Shapes - If you consider shape, you can get footstools that are square, round and rectangular in shape.
  • Novelty - There are a surfeit of novelty footstools such as inverted pyramid and Ying-Yang designs that you can also pick to add depth to your theme.



This time, Are you thinking to buy furniture online ? Apart from the types of footstools, you would also need to consider the upholstery of the furniture. The texture and tone of the ottoman can make all the difference in the world. You can choose from the variety such as fabric, leather, velvet and suede. For extra functionality you can also select the storage, drawer or nested style ottomans. It’s easy to buy footstools and ottomans online as you have a lot of designs to be crazy over, and they also get delivered to your doorstep. So order a pair today and beautify your room.


No comments:

Post a Comment