Friday 16 October 2015

Nothing Like Those Paper Lanterns Hanging From Your Ceiling

There is something about paper that makes it so interesting. Paper flowers may not be as fragrant as real flowers are, but I would always love decorating my walls with them each time we had a party at home. In fact, looking back at the pictures taken on all my kids birthdays, most of the decorations in the house were with paper. There is something in the simplicity and creativity of paper that makes it so pleasant to look at. Paper lanterns, for eg. are so beautiful. There was this really elegant restaurant that I had visited in my college days. A closer look at the place made me realize that there was nothing expensive in the decor of that restaurant. Most of the stuff hanging from the ceilings and stuck to the walls were made with paper. The paper lanterns were hand made.






You know what’s really nice about places that are decorated with paper. It’s that it inspires us to be creative. I had always loved paper from the time I was a kid. No, I am not talking about those boring white pages in those thick notebooks on which we worked out math problems and filled in the blanks. You know those thick books with colored paper in them? Craft books, we called them. I just loved those, and my best times were when the art teacher would tell us to take out those books as we were going to make a paper rocket, or slipper or a paper lantern, and those times were really fun. It was then that my fascination for paper lanterns began. There was this day, when we were taught to make lanterns, and my fascination continued from there. My bedroom was, since then, decorated with lanterns made with paper. And they were not difficult to make.



And it is not just hand made paper lanterns that draw my interest. Shopping for paper lanterns is also fun. You know, there is this range of large round lanterns that come in different colors from E-plant. The lanterns are light, as they are made with paper and I have a couple of them that I change as and when I change the covers of the sofas and curtains in my living room. Then there are those traditionally shaped lanterns from Everything Imported, that also come in various colors. They look nice when placed outside my house. At the end of the day, if I were to choose from the different lanterns that are available, in malls and online, I would always go for a paper lantern.




You can have a look at the range of paper lanterns online . Brands like E-plant, Everything Imported, Balloonistics and various others have a range of paper lanterns that you would love. Have fun browsing through the range of paper lanterns online and on mobile shopping apps and get yourself some paper lanterns to make your house look creative and nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment